- Is based on the belief that those who are affected by a decision have a right to be involved in the decision-making process.
- Includes the promise that the stakeholder contributions will influence the decision.
- Promotes sustainable decisions by recognizing and communicating the needs and interests of all participants, including decision makers.
- Seeks out and facilitates the involvement of those potentially affected by or interested in a decision.
- Seeks input from participants in designing how they participate.
- Provides participants with the information they need to participate in a meaningful way.
- Communicates to participants how their input affected the decision.
Source: Adapted from the International Association for Public Participation
- Reach out to and gather input from key stakeholders around the state to help shape the Arts Board’s equity decisions
- Work closely with partners to extend and deepen the engagement to reach underrepresented stakeholders
- Gather relevant and frank input on barriers and challenges as well as opportunities, hopes, and solutions
- Ask respectfully, listen carefully, and use the results of stakeholder engagement to help shape decisions
- Grow relationships around the state with groups and individuals that share common purposes and priorities with the Arts Board
Level of Engagement: Consult
Goal: To obtain stakeholder input on our decisions
Promise: We will keep you informed, listen to and acknowledge concerns and aspirations, and provide feedback on how your input influenced the decision.